[mythtv-users] memory recommendations for .20

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Fri Sep 1 19:19:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:41:51 -0400, Matt <mattiehg at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the current consensus on how much memory is required, especially
> in regards to .20
>
> My current system has 384 megs, and it seems a little flaky ( although,
> I don't know if memory has anything to do with it )
>
> It has a single analog tuner, and is a front/back combo
>
> I am running .18 release version ( I just got back into Myth after a
> long hiatus, and I figure I can wait a couple of weeks for the next
> release version )

I've always wondered how much memory I needed/used. Your email prompted me
to find this page:

http://rimuhosting.com/howto/memory.jsp

Which has very helpful information on determining what you really use and
use.

"a little flaky" is hard to troubleshoot. Hopefully things will get
un-flaky for you soon.

Regards,
   JJ