[mythtv-users] Need help setting up freecom usb DVB-T tuner

Leo Kliger lkliger at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 1 04:54:58 UTC 2006

> > I know all about the trials of trying to set up MythTV while having to
> > travel at the same time.
> >
> > Send me (off list) the entire output of of DMESG and I will have a look
> > at it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Leo
> >

> I don't think you will find it very enlightening.  The only mention of
> anything to do with dvb is usbcore noting the registering of the dvb_dtt200u
> module which installed manually with modprobe
>
> I attach it anyway

Hi Alan,

The fact that there is nothing in your DMESG output about the freecom
hardware suggests either a hardware issue or kernel/modules just not
recognising the device.
But your kernel at 2.6.16 at should be fine.... Perhaps a Debian person
on the list can comment about whether you need to recompile with certain
options.
(Or you might like to consider Ubuntu for a Debian based alternative.)

You might find the following link of interest for USB based tuners.

http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/%7epboettch/home/index.php?site=dvb-usb

Another thing to consider is whether USB port is supplying the required
power?
I would recommend that you try plugging the device in via a powered USB
HUB...

Let us know how you go.

Regards,

Leo