[mythtv-users] video plays too fast on ABC. out of sync.

Inor Kuo inorkuo at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 03:12:34 UTC 2006

WAF has been pretty low as of late since a lot of the shows she likes are on
ABC.  I've been pulling my hair out over this one.  I've dropped my database
and rebuilt it, formatted my machines, reinstalled everything from scratch,
swapped hardware around, played with latencies, tried different file
systems.  I still have the same problem, and I don't know what else to do.
Recordings from ABC in hd are always out of sync.  The video plays faster
than the audio and gets more and more out of sync as the recording plays.
The odd thing is that if I play the file outside of mythtv using mplayer, or
xine, the file plays in sync.  Every once in a while Xine will report that
too many frames are being dropped but it does play in sync.  Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Inor