[mythtv-users] one recording keeps skipping

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Tue Oct 31 03:11:21 UTC 2006

Hi list

One of my recordings that recorded this evening always drops multiple
seconds. It's almost like it's fast-forwarding through the whole
recording. I checked the playback rate, and the recording is supposed
to be playing at 1.0. I turned off commercial auto-skip to ensure
that it wasn't auto-skip going berserk. I'm pretty sure the problem
is not in the channel: I quickly paused a few times in a row, and the
progress meter at the top showed 7 seconds elapsing between each
pause, even though the time between my key-presses was nowhere near 7
seconds.

So what's going on here? Other recordings from this channel earlier
in the day are fine. Another recording from a different channel later
in the day is fine. Only this one program is doing this. What is
causing this problem?

Thanks for any ideas.

--

Kurt Yoder