[mythtv-users] Initial set-up: use TV or monitor for display?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Oct 30 20:12:46 UTC 2006

I built my box using the regular CRT monitor, then, when everything was
configured and running, I connected it up to the TV (removing the
monitor, of course).

Since it is networked, you can always get to the machine remotely (aka:
via another machine) and finalize the TV-only X configuration.

I was tempted to try KnoppMyth, but didn't because, at the time, the iso
was one rev behind (Myth 0.19) the current release (Myth 0.20).

If you are using an nVidia card, you might want to make sure you get the
drivers from rpm.livna.org.  I had no end of problems with the ones from
atrpms (and I still have no idea as to why).

-Rich