[mythtv-users] FC6 how do i force a yum install of an older ivtv

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Mon Oct 30 16:00:36 UTC 2006

David Bennett wrote:
> Just for my peace of mind, (and general Linux knowledge)
>
> is there any way to force an install of an older ivtv? Currently yum
> installs ivtv 0.8.0 which isn't working very well with my system. I
> know the older drivers work with my cards, so I would like to try it
> out (on a new motherboard, long story!)

Even if there was a way to do it, it won't help you because FC6 comes
with kernel 2.6.18 which requires ivtv 0.8.x.

You either need to compile an older kernel yourself (and hope that it
works) or downgrade the whole machine to FC5. You can also try
installing an FC5 kernel on FC6 (probably will have to use rpm --nodeps)
but you may be in for a lot of headache (and of course it's not supported).

Bolek