[mythtv-users] Joystick, mythfrontend, and xine

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 04:10:56 UTC 2006

I just got my Logitech Dual Action game controller to work controlling
mythfrontend. Since my remote control recently decided to go on strike, the
ability to control things with the joystick is much appreciated.

I do have a couple questions. First, is it possible to alter the key repeat
rate for joystick key presses? Right now, only one keypress per button press
is ever registered. It would be nice to have some repeat (for volume
control, etc). Can this be done? Is it something to be changed in
joystickmenurc?

Second, I was wondering if it's possible to control xine with a gamepad or
joystick. I've looked through the xine docs and the mailing list, and I
can't seem to find anything that talks about it. I saw some people talking
about using a joystick in mplayer, but not in xine.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Lane

--