[mythtv-users] power off and on frontend only with remote

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Fri Oct 27 06:58:49 UTC 2006

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Leighton,
>
> I recently moved my myth frontend box up to edgy.  This included a
> newer nvidia driver by default.
>
> Consequently, I am able to suspend with the nvidia module still
> loaded, but mythfrontend doesn't work with lirc after the resume.  It
> seems the frontend process doesn't like loosing lirc for a little bit
> and then getting it back.  Any workarounds for this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mario

Hi Mario,

It sounds like you're using the native myth support for lirc. I'm using
irxevent (and irexec) instead, which sends synthetic X keyboard events
to myth. So my config file is ~/.lircrc not ~/mythtv/.lircrc. I have to
stop irxevent and irexec when I stop lircd and unload lirc_mceusb2 and
then restart these after resume. This works OK.

Cheers,
Leighton