[mythtv-users] Blue lines along left and top of screen

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 26 00:46:30 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06 19:27, Trey Thompson wrote:

>I did this, and it "worked".  But, upon further examination, all it
>did was color the borders black instead of blue.  Switching to another
>input on my TV shows a significant border on the Myth side.  Any other
>things to try to get it to fit right?

That's normal.  NTSC/PAL were designed such that display devices must
overscan the video so that users don't see the borders (having black
borders/rainbow borders/jagged edges/other visually-displeasing
characteristics).  Black borders are extremely common on
composite/S-Video inputs.  Tuner inputs often have jagged edges and
"purple/green rainbow" borders.

So, overscan your video output (using either MythTV's overscan setting,
your video driver's overscan setting) or crop the edges during playback
(with MythTV's crop playback filter).

Mike