[mythtv-users] Fastforwarding and updates

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Sun Oct 15 22:19:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

When I fast forward at any speed I get screen updates fine for about 5
seconds before screen updates stop completely.  Anyone know what might
cause this or what I can do to fix it?  Is this a problem with the speed
of the hard drives?  I didn't used to have this problem but I was forced
to switch to the primary ide from my UltraATA100 controller because of
incompatibilities with the promise card and the PVR-500.  Could this be
causing this?