[mythtv-users] Picking a DVD dual layer burner

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 23:08:14 UTC 2006


On 10/24/06, Jon Boehm <jbpub at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Any suggestions on which DVD dual layer burner to pick or should I just
> pick
> one up ~free after rebate?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon



Some Dual Layer Burners take a long time to write the split point (Like 50+
seconds).  I could not write dual layer DVDs until I figured this out, as
growisofs would fail.  After digging into it I found out it was timing out.

A new version of growisofs as of september (7.0) addresses this issue.  So
whatever you get - if you have problems writing the split point, update
growisofs and you should be OK.

Ron
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20061024/b987555d/attachment.htm 


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list