[mythtv-users] Transcoding advice -- stuttery video, tearing, nausea

Bill Gazsy bgazsy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 17:45:08 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Finally, using nuvexport, I can export my recordings--about half the
> time.  I have to use --debug and manually change some flags, then manually
> create the fifo directory and run the mythtranscode and ffmpeg or transcode
> commands in two shells.  Sometimes it errors out, sometimes it works.  When
> it works it takes 3 or 4 hours to complete.  It does not edit out the
> commercials, although according to the recording settings
> commercial-flagging is on.

nuvexport has some issues with the latest versions of mplayer (setting the
ar and ac parameters of ffmpeg to '0').  My patch to nuvinfo.pm found at
https://svn.forevermore.net/nuvexport/ticket/149 should fix these issues
without the need for your --debug workaround.  I have attached the patch to
this email also.

Thank You,

Bill