[mythtv-users] How the heck do I pick a power supply???

Jon Boehm jbpub at comcast.net
Sat Oct 21 19:44:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm building a new Myth front/back box and could really use some help
picking a power supply.  Preferable one that is quite, will meet my power
needs now and into the future if I max out my case and motherboard, and
won't break the bank.

Here is my current build list
Silverstone LC17 Case
    This box is capable of holding 7x3.5" 2x5.25" with 7 slots
P4 541 (3.2Ghz)
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 motherboard (6xSATA capable)
4x400G Seagate SATA drives
DVD dual layer writer
Nvidia 6200TC fanless
HD-5500
PVR-500
1G DDR2-533

Bases on the recommendation here
http://www.linuxis.us/linux/media/howto/linux-htpc/power_supplies.html
I'm thinking I need ~400W.  Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jon