[mythtv-users] Mythfill and Log entry's...???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 20 23:37:58 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06 18:44, A JM wrote:

>Not saying anything was wrong perse' just wanting to understand the
>process.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't work the way you would think it works, so I
completely understand your asking the question.

> I certainly don't want to get on your bad side...

Definitely nothing in your post to get you on my bad side.  And,
besides, with my bad memory, people only really stay on my bad side for
about the length of time it takes me to write a response.

> I'm still
>trying to figure out where "foo" fit it to last argument...
>
>"For DataDirect, it happens to record the start of the download and the
>end of the download for each download..."
>
>I only use Datadirect so there shouldn't be any mixing of sources. I
>think of the Mythfill process as just that, it starts when it runs the
>command "mythfilldatbase" and ends when it pulls the last listing and
>says "complete", that takes about 10-15 minutes, I guess.

Yeah.  The wording and showing both a start time and an end time does
make it seem like that's what it means.

>Maybe it should be removed if it doesn't serve a purpose... just a thought.

Yeah.  When I finish up a project I'm working on, I'll see what the devs
think.  May be better just to say, "Last run time."  If they agree, I'll
put in a patch.

Mike