[mythtv-users] Getting a Motorola 6200 Box from Chicago Comcast

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 19:44:51 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Dewey Smolka <dsmolka at gmail.com> wrote:
> > set-top box.  The box they gave me is a General Instrument.
> > Unfortunately, this STB has neither firewire nor any working outputs
> > that will work with my PVR-150.
>
> The box must have an RF output -- how else would you hook it up to a TV?

The box has only two outputs as far as I can tell, an RCA composite
video + 2 RCA for audio, or coaxial output (I assume that's what you
call RF, right)?

My PVR-150 only has one RCA input, so I could get the video but no sound.

I tried connecting the coaxial output from the STB to my TV.  I got
sound but garbled video.  So it appears that the STB doesn't decode
the output on the coax.

> 1) Ask to speak to a manager. It that fails, demand to speak to
> manager. Be polite but firm.

Thank you for your suggestions and references!  I'll definately be in
touch with them.

Thanks again,
Matt