[mythtv-users] mythcommflag will go to class?

Bilge Tutak bilge.tutak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 19:21:31 UTC 2006


Actually,
I am in the US. My wrong flagging happens in US. So May be I need to get
used to edit recordings :).
Is there document telling the mechanism of flagging in more detail than the
wiki of mythcommflag

Thank you


Bilge.

On 10/19/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/19/06 10:02, Bilge Tutak wrote:
>
> >  I do not know if this is possible, but I want to ask something. Is it
> >  possible that the mythcommflag program uses some kind of training to
> >  flag the comms? Like spam filters learning which mails are spam after
> >  several receiving and taught it is junk. I know that mails are texts,
> >  so processing them are a lot easier than videos :). For videos, for
> >  example, may be the properties of frames around cut points may be
> >  checked, and obtained some information for future flagging operation?
> >  Since many of us edit the show for being sure about comms. It may be
> >  incorporated some how. Where I got this idea is interesting I
> >  think.When I flag comms for some specific show's different episodes,
> >  it flags the same wrong place in all of them. So I edit them at same
> >  way everytime. So if it was possible for mythcommflag to go to school
> >  and learn from me :), it will be nice, next time it will flag the
> >  commercials better. I am not a programmer, so I do not know if it is
> >  possible.
>
> Comm-flagging currently doesn't have any learning mechanism.  However,
> Robert Tsai has been working on a major rewrite of the commercial
> flagging mechanism that should make flagging of programs aired outside
> the US much more reliable.  Perhaps that will solve your problems
> without the learning mechanism.
>
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20061019/1ced3274/attachment.htm 


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list