[mythtv-users] mythcommflag will go to class?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 19 18:07:03 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06 10:02, Bilge Tutak wrote:

>  I do not know if this is possible, but I want to ask something. Is it
>  possible that the mythcommflag program uses some kind of training to
>  flag the comms? Like spam filters learning which mails are spam after
>  several receiving and taught it is junk. I know that mails are texts,
>  so processing them are a lot easier than videos :). For videos, for
>  example, may be the properties of frames around cut points may be
>  checked, and obtained some information for future flagging operation?
>  Since many of us edit the show for being sure about comms. It may be
>  incorporated some how. Where I got this idea is interesting I
>  think.When I flag comms for some specific show's different episodes,
>  it flags the same wrong place in all of them. So I edit them at same
>  way everytime. So if it was possible for mythcommflag to go to school
>  and learn from me :), it will be nice, next time it will flag the
>  commercials better. I am not a programmer, so I do not know if it is
>  possible.

Comm-flagging currently doesn't have any learning mechanism.  However,
Robert Tsai has been working on a major rewrite of the commercial
flagging mechanism that should make flagging of programs aired outside
the US much more reliable.  Perhaps that will solve your problems
without the learning mechanism.

Mike