[mythtv-users] mythcommflag will go to class?

Bilge Tutak bilge.tutak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:02:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

I do not know if this is possible, but I want to ask something.
Is it possible that the mythcommflag program uses some kind of training to
flag the comms?
Like spam filters learning which mails are spam after several receiving and
taught it is junk.
I know that mails are texts, so processing them are a lot easier than videos
:). For videos,
for example, may be the properties of frames around cut points may be
checked, and obtained some
information for future flagging operation?
Since many of us edit the show for being sure about comms. It may be
incorporated some how.
Where I got this idea is interesting I think.When I flag comms for some
specific show's
different episodes,  it flags the same wrong place in all of them. So I edit
them at same way everytime.
So if it was possible for mythcommflag to go to school and learn from me :),
it will be nice, next time it
will flag the commercials better.
I am not a programmer, so I do not know if it is possible.

Thank you,

Bilge.