[mythtv-users] Cheap PCI OpenGL compatible card

Matthew Asplund mattasplund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:37:19 UTC 2006

I have just finished building a little mythtv box.  I purchased an old
Compaq small form-factor PC from our university surplus for $40, put in a
250 GB drive and a PVR-150.  It is working very well as both frontend and
backend.  Then I attached my regular computer as a remote frontend, and saw
how nice the OpenGL stuff looks.  Well, now I am wanting it on my little
compaq too.  Unfortunately the motherboard has onboard Intel 810, and no AGP
port.  I tried using an old 3Dfx PCI card but I could not get hardware
acceleration working under Ubuntu.  Does anybody know of a good, cheap, PCI
video card with decent OpenGL support?  I can live with the Qt rendering, it
just isn't as pretty.

Matthew Asplund