[mythtv-users] Deinterlace or not

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 09:57:06 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, wouter lists <wouter.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I'm glad to hear that there are other people using this kind of setup.
> Most people are using a vga2scart cable with Windows and powerstrip.
>
> I tried it with the tv out on my Ati card but then I lose the
> widescreen advantage. The maximum resolution the tv out supports is
> 720x576.
>
> I'm using the opensource radeon driver right now, because the fglrx
> driver doesn't allow to use a custom modeline. Or it must have changed
> recently?
>
> My TV is now 4 years old and supports 100Hz. How can I test if it
> supports a progressive signal and where can I find a example of such a
> modeline?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wouter

Sorry, you're well outside my area of knowledge at this point (and as
you can ruin your tv by sending it improper modelines you probably
don't want to listen to the words of an amateur).  Having said that,
this person http://mezzanines.blogspot.com/2006/08/optimising-for-edtv-progressive-output.html)
managed to get 50Hz progressive working via a vga-scart cable and an
Ati card.  The bad news is that he was using a plasma with a
resolution of 856x488 so I doubt that's much help.  The other place to
ask is avs forums as the people on there seem to know their stuff and
there's loads of posts similar to the setup you're describing.

Chris