[mythtv-users] mythfrontend 0.20 Protocol version mismatch (frontend=30, backend=31)

David Pietromonaco pietro at videoi.com
Tue Oct 17 07:34:57 UTC 2006

Thanks, Alex, your confirmation that your distro is up to protocol 31 that
made me sure that I have the wrong libraries in the mix.  :)  After poking
around I see what happened.
(Also, since Alex and Axel are reading this thread, thank you both for
your work in making packages.  I do appreciate it, I'm using them both)

So, originally, (Sept 13) apt-get got me mythtv-frontend_0.20-xebian.0_i386.deb and libmyth-0.20_0.20-xebian.0_i386.deb.  I think these were protocol 30.
(That was back when I started this thread, shortly thereafter).

Then, by October 3 apt-get got mythtv-frontend_0.20-xebian.2_i386.deb
but not the updated library. I am kind of puzzled that the dependencies
didn't force an update of the libmyth with the update of the frontend...
(or at least complain about an unmet dependency)
It handled the libs automatically on my sept 13 update I did to .20 from the
older version, so it just slipped under my radar and I figured it was
all part of the mythfrontend package; I didn't really notice the separate
libmyth package.

Anyway, it's all working, now.  It was fun to finally watch Dirty Jobs from
a couple weeks ago.  :)

Thanks for your help,
-Dave (once again blissfully ignorant mythtv user :)