[mythtv-users] Minimum front end specs.....

Neil Sedger mythtv-users at moley.org.uk
Mon Oct 16 16:22:17 UTC 2006

Chris Henderson wrote:
> But, as I use DVB cards, that stress on the CPU would be minimal anyway.
> ( DVB stream is just mpg2 or close enough)
>  But like I said I have no need to run a DVB card in the frontend.
>
> Anybody else out there got a frontend like this?

I have a Celeron 500, 380-ish-MB, and a cheap GeForce 4MX.
It plays mpeg2 on the GF4 fine using XVMC - its noticably smoother than not using XVMC.

I don't think that setup will handle HD, but normal SD (well, 720x576i in my case) plays just fine.
One of my displays runs at 1280x720 - myth and mplayer happily scale up (and mplayer does not use xvmc for xvid etc).

Think you should be OK!

Neil