[mythtv-users] Minimum front end specs.....

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sun Oct 15 04:58:14 UTC 2006

Chris Henderson wrote:
> So my question is this.
> Is a P3 600 fast enough to run a V.20 frontend with open GL?

Well, here's an "it works for me" type response.  I was recently playing
with a P3 500 set up as a front end -- an old Dell Dimension XPS T500,
running SuSE Linux.  It seemed to work fine, at least for analog TV
playback at 480x480.  However, two caveats:

- I haven't tested it very thoroughly, just watched a few hours of TV on it.
- I'm not using OpenGL

My plan is to pick up a card with TV out, when I see a good deal on one,
and use it as a remote front end for the bedroom TV.