[mythtv-users] Strange channel numbers (3#3) after scanning in 0.20

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 13 19:21:55 UTC 2006

On 10/13/06 11:09, Stephen Boddy wrote:

>Just curious about some odd channel numbers that have popped up. I had a 0.18
>be/fe in the frontroom. I've now migrated the db and files to a 0.20 backend.
>I also scanned through the transports a couple of times.
>
>I now have a chunk of these strange channel numbers, and I was wondering if
>it's OK to just change them to something more appropriate. I don't beieve
>they're used for anything other than when the user types in a channel number
>direct.
>
>mysql> select channum, name from channel where channum like '%#%';
>+---------+----------------+
>| channum | name           |
>+---------+----------------+
>| 3#28    |                |
>| 3#26    |                |
>| 3#25    | TopUp Active   |
>| 3#20    |                |
>| 3#21    | price-drop tv  |
>| 3#23    | Teachers' TV   |
>| 3#18    |                |
>| 3#15    |                |
>| 3#14    |                |
>| 3#6     | bid tv         |
>| 3#13    | Ttext Holidays |
>| 3#2     | Five Life      |
>| 3#3     | Five US        |

IIRC, that's Myth's way of telling you the channels were found during a
scan but haven't been associated with a channel with an xmltvid in the
database (and, therefore, that you'll likely have to perform additional
setup before you get guide data--other than EIT info--for them).  You
can just change them, but you probably want to finish configuring them...

Mike