[mythtv-users] Problem with upgrade (ubuntu-packages) after changing the hostname

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Wed Oct 11 17:08:53 UTC 2006

> The following suggestions my break your system so backup.
> Search /var/cache/debconf/config.dat for 'myth' and have a look at
> all the packaging settings.  Maybe you can fix it in there.

Hi Paul,

great! I have edited config.dat, in

Name: mythtv/mysql_host
Template: mythtv/mysql_host
Value: localhost
Owners: mythtv-common
Flags: seen

I had "Value: 192.168.0.1" which I replaced with "Value: localhost",
that did it. I probably could have changed that also in a
dpkg-reconfigure somewhere.

So it seems that the IP is translated to a hostname by the install
script and after that, authentication fails. And I thought, it would be
more secure to put the IP in!

Thanks a lot! Everything is good now.

Cheers

	Matthias