[mythtv-users] 20 Upgrade Questions, Tuner Cards

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 14:14:08 UTC 2006

I have FC4 and I just fully updated everything to 20. I have a few
issues, but myth is back and running on both my BE and my FE, but my
tuner cards do not work.

I see in /var/log/messages where ivtv is loading the tuners. I have a
350 and a 250 card.

I searched and saw a couple of posts from other people where they
deleted all the cards and started over from scratch. I tried this, but
the tuner card setup is quite a bit different than 18 when I started.

After I set up the two tuners, I ran through the input connections
options and I attached my datadirect to them. I now see a scan
channels and a retrieve listings buttons.

On /dev/video0 (the 350) I can channel scan, but it's missing a bunch
of channels. Namely 4, 7, 10, 56 and a few others.

On /dev/video1 (the 250) I can't get past about 60% on the channel
scan. It gets to about channel 50 and seems to hang everything. I have
basic cable, with channels 2 to 70.

Should I try setting up the tuners again, and just delete all tuners
in the machine and start over?

What is the procedure for adding a tuner when I'm running through it?

Any place in the log files I can check to see if everything is working right?

Thanks. I can post snippets of my logs on pastebin.ca if that would help.

--
-=/>Thom