[mythtv-users] UPnP and the D-Line DSM-520 Media Player

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 00:04:13 UTC 2006

On 10/8/06, Brent Borghese <mythtv at bborghese.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded my Mythtv to .20 and tested it with my DSM-520, it works
> a lot better than I thought it would.
>
> 3.  I want to do hi-def but my 500Mhz Frontend will not cut it.
>     A new frontend will cost $300 to $400, and I still have problems
>     1 and 2, and Video cards do not have HDMI ports.
>     The DSM-520 says it does HD over its HDMI and Component ports.
>     and its $200.

Have you tested playing back HD video with the DSM-520?  I was looking
into this option as well but I'm very concerned by the information in
the manual about the limitations on MPEG-2 video.  I believe they
specify that the max bitrate for video playback is 8Mbps, which is
lower than most 720p and 1080i broadcasts.