[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase - odd bug - will not insert datafor a new channel

Dawson, Guy Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com
Thu Oct 5 07:35:22 UTC 2006

> [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of drbob
>
> I'm trying to switch two channels to use xmltv data: BBC Four
> and BBC Parliament, since eit isn't working for me on these
> channels. I already successfully collect data for two of my
> channels via xmltv (abc1 and channel5).
>
> Here is what I did:
>
> I added the channel ids to the tv_grab_uk_rt.conf file,
> unchecked the use onair guide boxes in mythweb and added the
> xmltv ids in the correct place.
>
> Whatever I tried to do: mythfilldatabase wouldn't recognise
> the new channels. It still updates channel five and abc1, but
> won't put the BBC channel data into mysql. I've run
> tv_grab_uk_rt separately and it _is_ downloading the program
> data for the BBC channels.
>
> Running "mythfilldatabase --manual" it only asks me about
> abc1 and channel5, totally ignoring the new xmltv ids in the
> channels table.
>
> I finally managed to get the data into mysql by saving the
> output of tv_grab_uk_rt to a  file - uk.xml and running the command:
>
>  mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 uk.xml
>
> as suggested on the mythfilldatabase wiki page for
> unsupported countries. However mythfilldatabse still won't
> update the data for the BBC channels in it's regular automatic runs.
>
> The only difference I can see between the entries for the
> channels in the sql table is that abc1 and channel5 have a
> value in the freqid field, whilst the BBC channels don't -
> this shouldn't matter should it?

Is it possible that you have editted the wrong config file?  I was
confused early on in my Myth journey,  because it turns out that (on my
FC3 + 0.18 system) mythbackend runs as root, ** with /root as it's
working directory **.  So that is where the automatic mythfilldatabase
also runs, and that is where it looks for the config files.

Regards

Guy

PS Any particular reason that you don't uit EIT for channel 5?

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony’s global policies and standards