[mythtv-users] Shutdown directtv box when idle

John Sutherland garionphx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 03:22:46 UTC 2006

Hi guys.. I have my myth backend setup on a machine that needs to be
up 24/7.. Its connected to a directv tuner via PVR350..

What i would like to do is to turn off the tuner (in an effort to
save elect costs) when Myth is idle.. But not shut myth down..

I've tried hacking some scripts into the myth shutdown/idle  stuff,
but can't seem to get the correct voodoo together to do this...
Anyone have any else have a similar setup that works? Any ideas on
how to accomplish this? I'm more than willing to write some Python
scripts that talk to the backend via the protocol if I can detect
when it goes idle that way...