[mythtv-users] lircrc being ignored?

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Wed Oct 4 03:14:14 UTC 2006

After completing a long needed update to my system, it would appear as
though *my* lircrc file is being ignored and some lean default is in use,
but I cannot find how to tell and i am really not looking forward to
running strace on mythfrontend....

I run mythfrontend as user "pixie" and in /home/pixie/.lircrc I keep my
settings, and I symlink that to /etc/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc and to
/home/pixie/.mythtv/lircrc just in case.

I run lircd -v and get 0.8.0, man lircd says the -L <file> is how to get a
log file, but lircd claims not to have that option :\ I am running out of
options to track how to find the problem, neither mythfrontend/backend log
lirc messages it seems (greping through logs during start up to both)

(my lircrc used to work.. like in live tv I had the channel up/down act to
switch tuner inputs, and Xine had fastforward set up)

Ideas?

Nick

  --
Nick Ellson