[mythtv-users] SOLVED Newb frustration with LIRC, IR Blasters, etc.

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 02:51:36 UTC 2006

On 04/10/06, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Problems solved.  The guide Nick posted did work; the key was setting the
> device to /dev/lircd (vice /dev/lircd1) and then telling the channel change
> script (/usr/local/bin/change_chan.sh) to enter a long series of numbers,
> then moving the IR blaster over the front surface of the set-top box until
> the channel started changing.  I can now change channels while watching
> "Live TV" and I assume that Myth will change channels in order to record
> scheduled programs.

For this to work in MythTV, you must ensure that all channels
available on this input have their frequency set to their channel
number on the STB (the number you enter on the remote control). You
can check this in mythtv-setup Channel Editor.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/
MythTV users list archive: