[mythtv-users] Ripping DVD's - Buffer I/O Error on device hdc

darth vader darth.vader.sl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 00:27:45 UTC 2006

Perhaps this has been covered before, but I searched gossamer and found
nothing.
I am trying to rip some dvd's off to my hd.  However whenever I try to rip
any disney
dvd's I get the following errors.

Buffer I/O Error on device hdc, logical block #########

I know this is probably arcos copy protection, but I am not sure if there is
a way to
get around this in myth.  All I want to do is make a single vob for each
disk.  I don't
need the whole disk, only the main feature.   Is there anyway around this?
If not, how does myth rip the dvd's?  Is it some internal feature, or does
it just
make a call to some other prog to do the work for it.  Any help would be
greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

joe