[mythtv-users] lirc help

Jake Sallee spark at breathedeeply.com
Mon Oct 2 15:24:35 UTC 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 17:08, mythtv-users wrote:
> > Hello All-
> >
> > I got mythtv up and running fine, although I am having quite a few issues
> > with
> > lirc.
> >
> > I'm using a newer Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 card (cx23416 based) with the
> > A415
> > remote.
> >
> > I copied the config file from:
> > /usr/share/lirc/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge
> > and edited appropriately for the A415 remote and placed it in
> > /etc/lircd.conf.
> >
> > I've noticed that when i try and test with 'gmplayer /dev/video0' mplayer
> > wants the config file to be /etc/lircrc.  renaming lircd.conf to lircrc
> > loads
> > the file but gives me errors:
>
> That's cos it's wrong file :-)
> lircd.conf is for lirc, there should be another file (presumably
> /etc/lircrc in this case) that tells what to map the buttons to for
> mplayer.

Ok, so, the file that I downloand from the lirc site for my hauppauge remote
goes into /etc/lircd.conf?

Once I test with irw, and let's say that it's working, what do i need to do?
will lircrc automatically be generated?  or do i still need to record my own
file for /etc/lircrc?

is this the same file that will need to be placed into ~/.mthtv/lircrc?