[mythtv-users] Browsing Recordings by Rule (rather than title)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Oct 1 00:23:01 UTC 2006

The attached is complete but I want to test it and ponder
some things before commit.

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Sat Sep 30, 2006 at 02:10:29AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
>> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>> Actually, I have a item on my TODO about something just like this.  This
>
>> Well, that took about ten minutes... so now I'll probably
>> spend more time on mail than code ;-).
>
> Works great.  Pretty much exactly what I was envisioning.
> Only a couple minor issues:
>
>  * For VIEW_SEARCHES, we need to display the title and subtitle
>    in the right-hand side the same as you do for the new Watch
>    List feature.

This logic was ever more twisted. I changed this so that if the
program title is the same as the list title, use the subtitle,
else 'title - "subtitle"' format. This applies regardless of
the circumstances.

> Otherwise it's great.  I can see that I've got the following pilot
> episodes recorded that we either don't already have a rule for or
> haven't deleted already:

One issue I had is that I have a lot of kPowerSearch rules that
are extra criteria for one specific title. Therefore, this version
only creates and adds an item to a search list if the program title
does not match the search rule base title. IOW if I have a rule
for "Nova (Power Search)", and all for that recordid are "Nova"
then I don't need a search view for "(Nova)". I can find the same
list for "Nova". A potential bug would be if a new series started
that happened to be titled "Pilot Episodes", it wouldn't be in
the "(Pilot Episodes)" list but I'm not going to lose sleep over
that =).

I did the minimum changes to globalsettings.cpp and would rework
the rest of the view choices and options as a separate commit.

--  bjm