[mythtv-users] MythArchive: One Question, One Problem

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Mon May 29 00:28:16 UTC 2006

Paul Harrison wrote:
>> Problem: I have an older recording, from when the files were named .nuv
>> instead of .mpg. It has a cutlist, verified either by going into edit
>> mode or by looking at the database, but MythArchive doesn't recognize
>> it. It says it doesn't have a cutlist when I'm in the Select Recordings
>> screen, and Select Archive Items it says "No cutlist available". Is this
>> correctable?
>>

> As far as I know MythArchive uses the same method to detect if a cut
> list is available as the frontend does. It uses the flag in the
> ProgramInfo class. I did fix a bug where mytharchive wasn't seeing that
> a new cut list was available after an item had been added to the archive
> list so if you are not using the current svn updating may fix it. If
> not, assuming the .nuv is an mpeg file, you could try running
> mythtranscode on the file manually to remove the cut list and then add
> the resulting file as a regular file to mytharchive.

Something's still wrong with the way MythArchive is identifying things.
In the "Select Recordings" screen I see the little scissors icon for the
recording in question, so it seems to know there's a cutlist for the
recording at that point, but after I add it and go to the "Select
Archive Items" screen it says "No Cutlist Available". Are those two
sections using a different method to identify whether or not a cutlist
is available?

FWIW, the 'hascutlist' field in the archiveitems table has a '2' in it
for this item, which is the same value it has for recordings where it
does think there's a cutlist. The 'cutlist' field for both records is NULL.

Daniel

Daniel