[mythtv-users] Sound has hiss sometimes, randomly

Don dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Mon May 22 00:30:30 UTC 2006

I have a new installation of Mythtv (Library API version:
0.19.20060121-2), installed on a FC-4 box, following Jarods guide (very
nice guide).  One strange problem though, the sound works perfectly 9 of
10 times.  Sometimes when I change channels, the sound is 80% hiss and
20% normal, I can hear the program sound underneath the hiss.

To clear it up, I simply change channel and change back.  Works
perfectly again.  It usually has the hiss when I record a show by
schedule, but if I hit the record button while it's playing live TV, the
recording is fine.  Anyone have a suggestion on what to look for?
Thanks for the help,

Don

Oh, by the way:

MSI K7N2-Delta2 motherboard / 1100Mhz Duron / 500 meg ram / 160 gig ata
drive
XFX video board with nvidia 6200 chipset (128meg)

# alsactl --version
alsactl version 1.0.10

 From /home/mythtv/.asoundrc:

pcm.intel8x0 {