[mythtv-users] How to find Broadcast Resolution.
lists at forevermore.net
Thu May 18 07:51:19 UTC 2006
clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> OK, this is the sort of question I ask, and then seem to find the
> answer to (myself) as soon as I finish typing,-
> but, Ive been looking thru both mythfrontend.log and mythbackend.log
> and I dont see anything telling me the resolution of the broadcast signal.
> I suspect it must be there somewhere, or is there some other way
> to get this information?
> Can I expect a given Network to always broadcast with the same
> resolution, or will they change from program to program (I would
> 'kinda expect the latter).
That all depends on:
* What country you live in
* What type of signal you're receiving:
* DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-C
* NTSC or PAL analog over the air
* firewire from a cable box
* composite/rf from a cable/satellite box
* something else
* What channel you're watching (does it ever broadcast HD?)
* What show you're watching (most HD channels don't broadcast
every single show in HD)
* Whether you include the commercials (commercials in HD shows
aren't necessarily HD themselves)
I probably forgot a few things, too. Also don't forget that you have to
consider the quality of the tuner card (my pvr-150 is FAR better at
capturing the exact same tv signal as my bttv card was), and that
resolution isn't everything (pvr-150 at 720x480 over svideo still looks
crappy compared to the 352x480 resolution that some of my firewire
channels come in as).
More information about the mythtv-users