[mythtv-users] Mythbackend - Ubuntu vs Fedora Core 5

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed May 17 11:10:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:45:18PM -0700, Todd Ferris wrote:
> Let me start with - I am not trying to start a distro debate.

> Why am I thinking of switching?  Well, since I started with mythtv I have
> run into more package issues than I care for.  I have been having to do
> manual yum updates recently, because of some broken dependencies (the most
> recent of which, I haven't been able to fix).  I believe most have been
> issues between Atrpms (The best myth repo source) and standard fedora repos
> (fedora update and extras).

There is certainly no issues between fedora core (and its updates) and
ATrpms. If there are with fedora extras please report them to the
resp.  parties.

But I think you may be facing something different at all, maybe yet
another yum bug? Try out smart instead and be happy.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net