[mythtv-users] qt-mysql problem at install

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Wed May 17 03:37:02 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 11:17, you wrote:
> Bruce Bales wrote:
> >On installing mythtv using yum, the installation errored out with:
> >--> Processing Dependency: qt = 1:3.3.4-0.fc3.0 for package: qt-MySQL
> >--> Finished Dependency Resolution
> >Error: Missing Dependency: qt = 1:3.3.4-0.fc3.0 is needed by package
> >qt-MySQL
> >
> >I have a later version of qt as shown by:
> >[bruce at blacky yum.repos.d]$ rpm -q qt
> >qt-3.3.5-11.4.fc3.kde
> >
> >I can't seem to find a qt that is exactly like the one that qt-mysql
> > seems to want.  Is it possible that a symbolic link could do any good
> > and if so where would I put it?
> >
> >Or where can I find the version of qt needed?
> >
> >Using Fedora core 3.  I also have mysql-3.23.58-16.FC3.1 installed for
> >another database if that matters.
> >bruce
> FC3? why not upgrade to FC5
>
> here are the rpms on my FC5 mythbox
>
> [root at thorin contrib]# rpm -qa | grep qt
> qt-3.3.5-13
> qt-devel-3.3.5-13
> qt-MySQL-3.3.5-13

Thanks, Derek.
I hate to start all over with FC5.  It has taken me several months to get
mysql, wordperfect, and a few other of my programs working right on FC3.
Shouldn't Mythtv work on FC3?

Any ideas why yum doesn't recognize the qt I have?  It's a newer version
than yum asks for.

[bruce at blacky yum]$ rpm -qa |grep qt
qt-3.3.5-11.4.fc3.kde
qt-designer-3.3.5-11.4.fc3.kde