[mythtv-users] Digital Television In US

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Tue May 16 15:19:01 EDT 2006

I'm wondering, besides digital cable (SD), and HDTV, what ways are
there to get digital television in the United States, in Standard
Def? I find it absurd that the only way to get digital SD is to go
from a digital cable box to an analog line into a capture card. Isn't
there some way of getting digital SD over arial transmissions (like
DVB-T) or through a HD cable box, without having to convert back to
analog? I know that there's some free DVB-S stuff for the US, and
that apparently some channels support DVB-T in the US (though there
seems to be no way of finding out, short of calling the station or
buying a DVB-T card yourself).

Thanks for the help.