[mythtv-users] Best Hardware

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed May 10 11:33:01 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 10:25:34AM -0600, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:
> On 9 May 2006 at 19:00, Marco Nelissen wrote:
> > Out of curiosity (since other people have mentioned similar
> > storage for their mythtv machines), what does one do with upwards
> > of 1 terabyte of storage for a mythtv box?

My sister's machine is called potato; the autologin user on KDE is
'couch'.  This should begin to give you an idea.

We follow about 9 series this year, down from 14 the year I built her
the box, and we're both prone to want to keep series on-line, to answer
the inevitable "what other show was that actor on" and "what did they
steal *that* story idea from" questions.

So yeah, mostly self-importance.  :-)

I'm about to buy a pair of Seagate 400's; that will make the recordings
partition 1.2TB, and free up a possibly dying 200GB boot drive for a
thorough SpinRite pass.  I do hope someone besides Coraid brings out a
reasonably priced AoE blade soon.

Cheers,
-- jra