[mythtv-users] Audio in Kaffeine, but not in Mythtv...

Ben Lowndes ben.lowndes at gmail.com
Tue May 9 22:22:22 EDT 2006

 Hi,
I'm running mythtv on ubuntu. I've got an an ABIT AN7 motherboard which has
a soundstorm chip built in with 5.1 channel sound and optical out.

To get the sound working I had to compile nvidia's driver and switch the
system sound from ALSA to OSS. Now, when I test the sound in Kaffeine it all
sounds great, but in mythtv I get static fast-repeating ticks, with no hint
of the correct sound, both optically and on the regular line outs...

Has anyone got any advice on what I can do to fix myth?

Thanks!