[mythtv-users] mythfrontend problems ( X processor utilization 100% )

Sean Kennedy skennedy at qualitydentists.com
Sun May 7 13:07:25 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I recently moved my system to a new location.  After starting it back
up, I am unable to watch TV or watch recorded videos.  What happens is I
get a black screen, and the X process jumps to 100 processor
utlilization.  I can escape from this by ssh'ing in from another machine
and issueing a telinit 3, telinit 5.  No local input however.

xine, mplayer work fine.  No issues.

Here's the problem:  I'm not sure what's causing this.  I hadn't
restarted my system in a while, so there were all sorts of updates that
installed.

I followed Myth Fedora setup found online.  Current software versions are:
myth 0.19.20060121-2
2.6.15-1.1833_FC4smp

Because I can still watch videos, I'm figuring the problem is localized
to mythfrontend, but I've tried resetting resolutions and a few other
things, but I can't get it working.  I'm stumped, I have no idea where
else to look.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Sean