[mythtv-users] Legality of selling MythTV and its Components?

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 19:44:11 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is just my two cents but I know a lot of people with a lot of money
> that are missing out on some of the great features that Myth has because
> they are not savvy computer users. I think if you made them aware of the
> potential pitfalls and what things they would have to do to make the system
> work as expected and they understood those risks then you would be
> performing a great service. It is a free country, at least in the states,
> and they can choose not to pay for the system if the benefits don't outweigh
> the risks.

You know, you would think that would be the case.  But I think you'd be
surprised to find out how many people would tell you they understand the
potential pitfalls, etc and are fine with them when they buy the system.
And then, when something happens to the listing data, they come banging on
your door asking/sueing for their money back because the system doesn't work
anymore.

The majority of people these days seem to prefer bitching/moaning/sueing
when something doesn't work as they think it should, regardless of what they
may have been told up front.  I would certainly not base a business plan on
the fact that people would probably be okay with it if you explain the
potential problems to them before purchase.