[mythtv-users] Autoexpire logging

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue May 2 00:28:19 UTC 2006

Does anything get logged by mythtv when stuff gets deleted by autoexpire?

I have Myth up and running on a test box, so I set it to record a show
today, as a first try.  About an hour later I checked -- the recording shows
up in "previously recorded", but the media library is empty.  The directory
where the files should be is completely empty, except for an
"nfslockfile.lock", and the timestamp on the directory is 30 minutes after
the recording should've stopped.  I have not watched live tv in the
meantime.

mythtv's log file shows that it recorded the program, started the commercial
skip detection, which took about 30 minutes to run through, without any
errors, and that's it.

My guess is that the show got autoexpired, because I have only 2gb free disk
space on this test box, but that should be enough for a 30 minute recording,
and I don't see anything in mythtv's log file that indicates that the show
was expired.