[mythtv-users] rebuffering messages

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 2 03:03:30 UTC 2006

On 05/01/2006 07:43 PM, Rich Kadel wrote:

>Does anyone know why I see a bunch of rebuffering messages printed to
>my console from mythfrontend.  They seem to only start after changing
>the channel for the first time.  I think they are slowing down myth
>overtime and causing jittery output.
>Is this a debug message someone forgot to take out,

Not really forgot, but it's an "informational" message (meaning not a
warning or an error).  It's only important when you can see that a
particular playback problem happens when these messages are output.

> or is something
>wrong with my configuration?

Not if everything plays back OK.

>As far as I can tell, COMMFLAGGING is not enabled.

Near-real-time commflagging is only one possible cause (and I think
that's been pretty well ironed out by now).