[mythtv-users] directv.pl channels below 100 won't display

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Mon May 1 14:58:37 UTC 2006

I can get directv.pl to change channels on the command line, but it won't
work within MythTV for channels below 100. The error message in my
mythbackend.log file is:

Starting up as the master server.
Excessive channel change retries, commanded 77250 got 4828
Excessive channel change retries, commanded 77250 got 4828
Excessive channel change retries, commanded 77250 got 4828
Excessive channel change retries, commanded 121250 got 7578
Excessive channel change retries, commanded 121250 got 7578
Excessive channel change retries, commanded 77250 got 4828
Excessive channel change retries, commanded 77250 got 4828

When I try to run it from the command line, it works flawlessly.  Both my
mythtv user and the root user can run it.  I've already check permissions on
/dev/ttyS0 and it's owned by my mythtv user and group users.

crwxrwxrwx  1 mythtv users 4, 64 Apr 29 14:49 /dev/ttyS0

When I used mythtv to change channels, channels 100 and up work fine.  When
I try to change to a channel below 100, I get another odd channel.  If I try
channel 5 for example, I get channel 4828.  The mythtv thinks it's on
channel 5, but the directv displays channel 4828. I think that's where the
"Excessive channel change retries, commanded 77250 got 4828" error is coming
in.

Anybody have any suggestions to fix this?  Anybody else encountering this
problem?

I'm running Gentoo Linux with the vanilla Kernel version 2.6.15.1.  Mythtv
version 0.19_p9163-r1 emerged from portage.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Cole
Visit My Website at http://www.brodine.com/
Yahoo Messenger: brodinec
ICQ: 5857320