[mythtv-users] OT: Upgrade to Mysql 5.0

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon May 1 15:26:34 UTC 2006

I ma having a senior moment day I think.

I want to upgrade to mysql 5.0 from 4.1. The installation instructions
which come with the (binary-version) tar, just talk about un-'tar'ring
the file in a chosen folder and then adding that folder to PATH.

The existing installation has the executable mysql and mysqld(_safe)
files in /usr/bin, and the libraries in /usr/lib..
There does not appear to be a particular folder containing all of the
program parts.

Anyone out there been through this and have any understanding of what
should be done.

Geoff