[mythtv-users] How do I: Exact copy of one Xbox FE to another Xbox?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon May 1 14:33:35 UTC 2006

A JM wrote:
> No, the hard drive I believe needs to be locked for the xbox to
> recognize. So, locked it works in one unlocked it works in the
> other... If I remember correctly.
>
> "You're right, but I think finding two spare IDE connections in a
> single PC is more work than doing the g4u copy."
>
> Since G4U is a bootable CD it won't need a boot drive in the PC so
> just use the primary controller if the CD isn't on it unplug what's in
> the pc and plug in a spare cable with the 2 drives you want to
> copy/image to.
>
> AJM,
I don't know if it's setup the same, but mine boot into a menu that I
use to load the Xebian image. I can also ftp in and download the Xebian
image if I want, which I can then upload to the other Xbox via ftp. Mine
are softmodded though, so I don't know if this would work high a
hard-modded Xbox.

Tom