[mythtv-users] Playback causes recording stream corruption

Ben Rigby benrigby at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 06:05:35 UTC 2006

> Sorry to ask such an obvious question, but are you sure that DMA is
> enabled for your drive ???
>
> If so, maybe try "hdparm -tT /dev/hd(n)" to make sure the transfer
> rate is what it should be.

Brian,

Nothing wrong with asking the obvious. My linux knowledge is at a
level where very little is really obvious.

/dev/hda:
 multcount    = 16 (on)
 IO_support   =  1 (32-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  1 (on)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    = 256 (on)
 geometry     = 19457/255/63, sectors = 160041885696, start = 0

/dev/hda:
 Timing cached reads:   2112 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1054.05 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  166 MB in  3.03 seconds =  54.72 MB/sec

That all looks ok to me, but I may be missing something.

If it is ok, do you have any other ideas? Even obvious ones are ok.

Thanks,

Ben